DNA Genetic Testing
We provide easy to use links for our patients to benefit from DNA Genetic Testing. Patients can order testing for personal genetic raw data which can be used to access a report for genetic predispositions. You are made of cells and the cells in your body have 23 pairs of chromosomes. The chromosomes are made of DNA which can tell a lot about you.
DNA genetic testing allows doctor and patient to pro-actively recognize the likelihood of health issues. To get started, order your 23andMe Genetic Test and then with those raw data results, next order the StrateGene report. Schedule your appointment with Dr. Eric Balcavage at Chronic Condition Recovery Center to review this information and develop a plan for optimal health.
Dr. Eric Balcavage is a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Board Certified in Integrative Medicine and a licensed Chiropractor in Pennsylvania. Dr. Balcavage is continuously advancing his knowledge with post graduate studies which include:
- Certified Nutrition Specialist
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
- Graduate of American Functional Neurology Institute
- Graduate of Functional Medicine University
- Board Certified in Integrative Medicine
- Certified Gluten Coach
- Advanced Education in Thyroid Dysfunction
- Advanced Education in Methylation
- Advanced Training in Neurofeedback
- Advanced Training in Functional Blood Analysis
- Advanced Training in Functional Endocrinology
- Advanced Training in Functional Immunology
- Advanced Training in Neurotransmitters and Brain Physiology
- Advanced Training in Autonomic Dysfunction
- Advanced Training in Vertigo/Balance Disorders
- Advanced Training in Neurodegeneration & the Aging Brain
- Advanced Training in Peripheral Neuropathy
- Neurologically specific adjustment techniques
- Advanced Training in Trigenics Therapy
When I came to see Dr. Balcavage, I was feeling the lowest I had ever felt physically and emotionally. He was the ninth physician I had seen over the course of the last 2 years. Most of the physicians I had previously seen told me my labs were fine and could not give any reasoning as to the symptoms I was experiencing. When I meant Dr. Balcavage I felt exonerated that I wasn’t crazy and that there really was a reason I felt so lousy. The simple truth was that I wasn’t functioning well in my own life. I was suffering with headaches, fatigue, severe brain fog, no energy, difficulty concentrating, cold all the time, insomnia, constipation, reflux, and allergies. I have seen improvement in all of these symptoms within a few months of Dr. Balcavage’s metabolic program. I have completed an incredible journey in eliminating most things from my diet and reintroducing them one at a time. Through the guidance of Dr. Balcavage, I have identified what my dietary triggers are. I have learned what I can eat, what I cannot tolerate, and how to eat healthier. Most importantly, I have also learned how to live healthier. Stress management is a big issue for me. It is a journey and I am learning. I have room for improvement, but I am well on my way. I would like to give my thanks to Dr. Balcavage and his staff, Amy and Megan, for their knowledge, kindness and compassion in leading me on this path of healing. I live 2 hours away from the office and it was well worth my time to travel to see him. I would recommend him to anyone looking to learn how to live a better life and identify health issues before they become a permanent problem that cannot be fixed.