Dr. Balcavage is a chiropractic physician who has been in private practice in Glen Mills, PA since 1996. He received his Bachelor’s degree in 1990 from Kutztown University and his Doctorate degree in 1995 from Palmer College of Chiropractic.
Dr. Balcavage is a Certified Nutrition Specialist (C.N.S.) , a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Board Certified in Integrative Medicine, along with being a licenced Chiropractor in Pennsylvania. Dr. Balcavage is continuously advancing his knowledge with post graduate studies.
Dr. Balcavage’s Chronic Condition Recovery Center offers chiropractic care blended with Functional Neurology, Functional Medicine, Functional Nutrition, Brain Based Therapy, and Neurofeedback Therapy. Countless patients can now see relief from symptoms of conditions such as peripheral neuropathy, fibromyalgia, thyroid disorders, vertigo, diabetes, GI tract disorders, migraines and weight challenges.
Post Graduate Studies:
- Certified Nutrition Specialist
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
- Graduate of American Functional Neurology Institute
- Graduate of Functional Medicine University
- Board Certified in Integrative Medicine
- Certified Gluten Coach
- Advanced Education in Thyroid Dysfunction
- Advanced Education in Methylation
- Advanced Training in Neurofeedback
- Advanced Training in Functional Blood Analysis
- Advanced Training in Functional Endocrinology
- Advanced Training in Functional Immunology
- Advanced Training in Neurotransmitters and Brain Physiology
- Advanced Training in Autonomic Dysfunction
- Advanced Training in Vertigo/Balance Disorders
- Advanced Training in Neurodegeneration & the Aging Brain
- Advanced Training in Peripheral Neuropathy
- Neurologically specific adjustment techniques
- Advanced Training in Trigenics Therapy
Dr. Balcavage started his practice with a focus on the traditional concepts of chiropractic; the structure of the spine, its impact on the nervous system and a person’s health. Due to the challenges he faced with some very sick patients that could not tolerate any type of traditional physical therapy or chiropractic care, Dr. Balcavage became interested in functional neurology and blood chemistry.
Studying those disciplines and incorporating them with chiropractic care he has been able to help people with some of the most challenging chronic conditions.
In 2004, Dr. Balcavage transitioned his practice from a traditional chiropractic office to a more holistic office blending chiropractic care, functional neurology, functional medicine, functional nutrition, brain based therapy, and neurofeedback therapy. This change has allowed him to help the sickest of the sick, those with chronic health challenges that no one else seems to be able to help.
His office now not only helps people with symptoms that people would normally go to the chiropractor for (like back and neck pain, headaches, etc.) but also with conditions like peripheral neuropathy, fibromyalgia, thyroid disorders, vertigo, diabetes, GI tract disorders, migraines and weight challenges.
This change in his practice style is the basis behind his office purpose: To Provide Answers and Promote Health
He consults with hundreds of doctors around the country on the treatment of chronic pain, neurologic and metabolic conditions. His clinic has always been on the cutting edge of the health care industry. Currently, he devotes his practice to treating chronic pain, neurologic, and metabolic conditions. Dr. Balcavage lecturers locally and around the country on various health topics including; Thyroid dysfunction, ADHD, Methylation dysfunction, and more.
Dr. Balcavage lives with his lovely wife Kelly and their 3 children in London Grove Township, PA. He is active in both the Glen Mills and London Grove communities as a Rotarian and coach of youth sports.